Saturday, March 7, 2009

Recent Update

We went to Dr. Francis today to discuss whether to induce or do a C-section. This unknowing "waiting game" has been hard on Ryan and I as we stay packed and ready to go to the hospital. I have thought I was in labor multiple times, but apparently it is just my body preparing. The doctor has determined that I have celphalopelvic disproportion, which basically means Katelyn is going to be too big to fit through my pelvis and she hasn't been dropping like she should. She has had a foot wedged in my lungs for months now and apparently it is a comfortable place for her:) On the ultrasound we had today, the doctor is predicting her to be 7.5-9 lb baby! We only could get a picture of her foot today! We think she is going to have big feet like her Daddy:) The doctor also says she has lots of hair... Long story short, we have decided to go for a scheduled C-section on Tuesday March 10, 2009 at 8:30 am. I am very nervous, but the doctor is predicting I would only have a 30% chance of delivering naturally. PLEASE say a prayer for me on Tuesday for everything to go smoothly and for the new transition for the Allen family. We know it is going to be wonderful! We will post pictures soon after she is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment