Saturday, October 10, 2009

7 MONTHS OLD!


7 months old... Here's the photo shoot! This is such a fun age!!


I am ready to play Mommy & Daddy!


You talking to me?



Sucking her bottom lip... Teething stinks!




Getting playful...loves to eat her dress!





Staring at her Daddy which always makes her smile....It melts your heart:)

At 7 months Katelyn is:
  • rolling up a storm, getting up on all fours (in quaruped position) & will definitely be crawling soon. Has anyone heard of Downward Dog in Yoga? Ryan and I laugh as Katelyn will get in this position in an attempt to crawl, but will end up rolling over on her back!
  • has now tried green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, Baby Mum Mums & rice cereal....loves them all..still doesn't like oatmeal and gagged on peas yesterday..She had a little rash on her cheeks today, so the pediatrician thought it could be a possible food allergy
  • still nursing 5-6 times a day & getting solids (2-3 times a day)
  • she is a good sleeper for naps, but has recently been waking up in the night again!! Just when we think we have something figured out, it changes....so we realize this is the life of parenting.. Anyone relate? lol
  • Teething stinks! She moans in pain, her gums are swollen & this has been causing her to wake up in the night!
  • When she gets excited...she does a slaps her knees & laughs...Actually she will do anything to get our attention! Sometimes she does her fake cough, sometimes she grunts, sometimes she does her belly laugh, sometimes she just babbles.....cracks us up!
  • We have a CD that we play for her at night and naps & now she hums & sings to her lullaby CD as we rock her to sleep...it is such a special time!! I look forward to it every day! It is so sweet how she tucks her face into my neck
  • Sleeps on her stomach with her butt in the air..Can now find her paci on her own at night and put it back in her mouth....PRICELESS!
  • Her favorite book is touch & feel books (she LOVES feeling all the different textures)
  • She likes to roll over in the middle of diaper changes...
  • Loves to play dropping games off of highchair....cause/effect... I drop something & Mommy picks it up......This is fun!
  • When she is in my lap, she leans forward to grab any & everything she can get ahold of
  • She bears weight on her legs when I hold her upright & loves to bounce
  • sits without support & is able to turn to reach for objects
  • still loves peek a boo & patty cake
  • can clasp hands together and hold onto sippy cup, but still needs assistance to sip
  • loves to grab at our faces (especially our noses)
  • Obsessed with my diamond necklace! Ryan says Uh-oh to that:)

It amazes me how, in such a short amount of time, I have fallen crazy in love with every little thing about her. Even though it has only been 7 months, it feels like we have never been without her. She completes our family & life wouldn't be the same without her here. I want to cherish every little moment of every little stage because soon she will be running around like crazy & that sweet baby of mine will be a distant memory. I love everything about her from her dark hair/blue eyes to her chubby little legs & toes. I love the way she giggles with excitement when she sees me and if anyone else is holding her she is looking around to make sure her Mommy is near. I love holding her in my lap & watching her lift her head to look at me...that sweet little stare melts my heart every time! Why God chose to make me her Mommy, I will never know... but I can promise that I thank him daily for such a perfect little blessing & I will thank him the rest of my days!

We love you Baby Kate, Little love, Our princess, Punky Girl, Sweet love!

Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! Thanks for the update!!! Can't wait to see that baby girl again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing that compares to being a mother! My heart swells up for you, as I can relate to every feeling you described : )
    God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete